Monday 24 January 2011

Homemade Linguine with Meatballs

I like pasta. I have cooked many different pasta with many different ingredients before but my favourite is this simple yet very traditional pasta dish - Linguine with meatballs.

The first time I made this dish was about 2 and 1/2 years ago. It was after I watched a movie in the cinema and one of the characters in the movie made this dish. I saw it and I told myself that I must try to make it myself!

Over the years, I have made the meatballs with different combinations of ingredients including basil, lemon zest, fried shallots, garlic, onions, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, eggs, flour, and various other herbs. Different combinations of course gave different flavours and textures to the meatballs.

Normally, spaghetti is paired with a tomato based sauce. This time, I used dried linguine instead because I much prefer the flat strings of pasta and they absorb the sauce really well.



Raw meatballs made with minced pork, chopped mushrooms, chopped garlic, dried mixed herbs, eggs, plain flour, bread crumbs, paprika powder, salt and pepper to season.


Close up photo of raw meatballs marinated and left overnight...ready for cooking!


Shallow frying the meatballs with some sunflower oil.


Shimmer the fried meatballs in Lloyd Grossman smoky bacon sauce for at least 30 minutes.



Boil pasta until al dante...usually takes about 5-7 minutes.


Some oil and salt added to boiling water to prevent pasta from clumping together.










When the pasta is ready, add some to a plate then pour the sauce with meatballs over it.

Linguine with meatballs in tomato based sauce
 To add more flavour, grated cheddar cheese was added at the end.

Garnish with grated cheddar cheese

A very easy to make dish and simply delicious! Meatballs well seasoned with a crunchy outside and soft middle. After being shimmered in the sauce for more than 30 minutes, the meatballs has absorbed all the flavours of the sauce. Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment