Sunday 7 November 2010

I am back to cooking from recipe!

 After working five and a half days straight, I thought I would let myself enjoy some really nice food...passing M&S on my way back from home, I got one of my favourite 'starter' - the Scottish Lochmuir Smoked Salmon Parcel.


 This is basically a simple dish made of salmon mousse wrapped in slices of smoked salmon.
 The inside of the salmon parcel.
Very rich and taste very 'salmony'. I would only recommend it to someone who likes seafood and especially raw fish like the Japanese salmon sashimi!

Then I thought I would make something out of the many recipes found in one of my favourite magazines - delicious.


 The dish is made of one whole free range chicken baked on a bed of plums and onions seasoned with olive oil, butter, salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Grainy mustard and runny honey was brushed onto the skin of the chicken before baking. HHMmmmm absolutely yummy! The sweetness of the plums and red onions, the flavour of thyme, honey and mustard all soaked into the chicken pieces...The succulent and juicy meat of the chicken paired with the crispy and crunchy skin is just amazing!


The chicken is then served with creamy mashed potatoes. The potatoes were mashed with grated Welsh cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, butter and milk. Absolutely creamy, rich and yummy!!!

Maybe I will try another recipe next time when I am free ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment