Both dishes are made from scratch...even the dumpling skins were homemade!
Step by step guide to making chinese fried dumplings:
1. Chop chop chop - ingredients include minced pork, cabbage, red onions. Mix ingredients and marinade with soya sauce, corn flour and oyster sauce.
This creates the stuffings for the dumplings.
2. Knead knead knead - A mixture of plain flour and water.
3. And you knead and you knead until you get a slightly sticky dough.
4. Pinch a small piece from the dough and put on flat surface.
5. Roll roll roll - Then using a rolling pin, you roll the dough until you get a flat round shapped dumpling skin.
6. Lie the skins flat with lots of flour between them to prevent sticking.
7. Then take up a piece of dumpling skin and add a generous amount of prepared stuffing across the centre of the skin.
8. Fold the skin into half, over the stuffing.
9. Pinch the top of both sides of the skin to seal the stuffing inside the skin.
10. A beautiful dumpling ready.
11. Place the dumplings in a pan of hot sesame oil and shallow fry until one side is golden brown. Then add some water and put the lid on. Once the water has evaporated, take the lid off and continue to fry the dumplings until cooked.
12. Cooked dumplings served on plate.
and coupled with a bowl of black vinegar with sliced ginger.
The crunchy skin of the fried dumplings and the juicy and tasty stuffing is a perfect match! The taste of the dumplings are simply intensified by the sourness of black vinegar and spicy-sweetness of ginger...yum yum!
Next dish, as you may recall, is a dish that I have written about in previous posts - Taipei Food Journey 3 and Disney's The Lion King. I did not take step by step photo guide to making this dish but I shall try to describe it as accurately as I can.
Ingredients include, diced pork belly, ginger, oyster sauce, crunchy peanut butter, chinese cooking wine, dark and light soya sauce.
Fry the pork belly and ginger in hot oil until golden brown and fragrant.
Then add peanut butter and water, shimmer for about an hour with lid on.
|Braised pork belly pieces|
Then serve the pork belly with rice.
An absolutely enjoyable meal!
Post a Comment