Sunday 11 September 2011

Chocolate Fudge Cake

I like chocolates and I like chocolate cakes even more!

However, I never attempted to make my own chocolate cakes as I thought that it would be difficult to make a perfect one.

Today, I am braving it and found a rather easy to follow recipe in 'frame>by>frame baking'.


Ingredients

As you can see from the many ingredients involved, it is one of the more difficult cakes that I have ever made. It involves two different processes including making the chocolate sponge and the chocolate icing.


Chocolate Sponge ready to bake

The chocolate sponge mixture was separated equally into two springfoam tins then baked for about 30-35 minutes. I baked them for 30 minutes, checked them, then decided to give them another 2 more minutes.


Icing spreaded on cake

Then I took out the icing that I left to cool in the fridge earlier to spread on the cake. The cakes were sandwiched together with half the icing then the remaining icing was spread over the top and sides of the cake.

Icing the cake was really fun and therapeutic as I used an icing palette knife to spread the icing round and round and round and round the cake until it was almost smooth with a frosted look!






Slice of cake

I could not wait to have a slice of my favourite chocolate fudge cake!

It was very rich and tasty. Although I should have baked the sponges for only 30 minutes as I thought the sponge was a little bit dry ie not as moist as I would like them. The taste was amazing though, with ground almonds added to the cake mixture, it tastes as good as it smells!

Rich, sweet and high in cholesterol with lots and lots of butter and chocolate! That's why it tastes as good as a rich chocolate cake should be! Yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment